You Remind Me Of My Favourite Underwear

Greetings from down under!
I am safely ensconced in Sydney, currently residing in Annette and Les Mulder's home. I have a duna, and my own BIW. The morning birds look like jewels hanging from the trees, and there are other birds that look and sound like velociraptors. Slept for about 10 hours last night, and am already yawning. It is about 2:30 on Saturday afternoon for me, which means it's about 10:30 on Friday night for you guys.
We went to a breakfast place this morning, a chocolate cafe called Fink. The most amazing hot chocolate you've ever had, and you can get chocolate in any form for any of the entrees.
We've taken walks amongst the eucalyptus, driven across the Sydney harbour bridge, seen the opera house, and then I was terrorized by the guys with tales of the deadly funnel web spiders that will move into my bed during the wet season. They have a standard poodle named Sassy who seems quite taken with me. I have arrived in Sydney a week before an event called World Youth Day, for which the Pope and 140,000 Roman Catholic church people from all over the world will come invade Sydney. It is winter here, which means it gets to maybe 25 F during the night, but still warms up to about 65 during the day. I've met the neighboring family, Fiona and Anthony, and their kids, 4 year old Trinity and 9 month old Deisel. They are very cute, and Fiona took me to a shopping center to try and keep me awake. I had to stop by an electronics shop and get a new adapter. I brought one with me I thought would fit, but it didn't. Sad. Les was very helpful and took me to a place that he knew had adapters. Only AUD$8! The money here is slightly smaller bills, but they're made of plastic, and have clear bits! And there are $2 coins, which is awesome. Les made Indian food for dinner, and it was a meal to rival Robert's cooking skills. There were 13 people...
We are now listening to some of Les' music, and the song that just played was called "You Remind Me Of My Favourite Underwear".
I miss you guys already, but I know none of you were expecting anything different. Especially from me, of all people. Been talking to some people, and some have found tickets to AU from US for about $1300. I will send you the link later. And I've been looking at tickets to NZ, and I can get to and from NZ for about $300! W00T!
Lots of love from halfway around the world (Holy crap!!!)

Category: , , ,  
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
4 Responses
  1. Awesome. When I was in Spain we had this chocolate stuff for breakfast (intermediate in strength between pure melted dark chocolate and hot chocolate), and it was sooo good.

    Your third sentence in this post confuses me?

  2. Since there are now two people unsure of what sentence three means, allow me to clarify. A duna is a thin, feather-filled coverlet commonly used as a blanket during winter. A BIW is a built-in wardrobe, and is the most common form of clothes storage in Oz.

  3. A chocolate cafe, groovy...not to mention it makes me very jealous. :)

    Also, must find these elusive $1300 tickets. Everything I've seen is about $1000 more than that.

    Keep up the blogging! (Like I'm one to talk.)